Less Black Republican Delegates

Shocker.

There are 36 black delegates at the Republican convention here — fewer than 2% of the total and a sharp drop-off from 2004, a think tank reports.

The GOP record was set with 6.7% black delegates in 2004.

The Democratic Party, which has targets for minority representation, said a record 24.5% of delegates at its convention last week were black. That's about twice the percentage of blacks in the U.S. population, according to the Census Bureau.

I can't imagine why there aren't more black Republicans. I mean, it's not like the Republican party actively supports policies that are harmful to blacks and other minorities.