John McCain: Time To Invest Your Social Security In Lehman Brothers, AIG, And Merrill Lynch!

Hate to say I told you so... but I (and many others) did.

Wall Street turmoil left John McCain scrambling to explain why the fundamentals of the U.S. economy remained strong. It also left him defending his support for privately investing Social Security money in the same markets that had tanked earlier in the week.

The Republican presidential nominee says all options must be considered to stave off insolvency for the government insurance and retirement program, and top McCain advisers say that includes so-called personal retirement accounts like those President Bush pushed in 2005 but abandoned in the face of congressional opposition.

I cede the floor to the Democratic candidate for president.