John McCain: OMG I'm Losing Stop The Campaign

Are you kidding me? Is anyone buying this mess? CNN:

John McCain suspends campaigning to work on economy, requests postponing Friday debate

Does McCain realize that there's no "time out" in the White House?

Statement from Obama campaign

At 8:30 this morning, Senator Obama called Senator McCain to ask him if he would join in issuing a joint statement outlining their shared principles and conditions for the Treasury proposal and urging Congress and the White House to act in a bipartisan manner to pass such a proposal. At 2:30 this afternoon, Senator McCain returned Senator Obama's call and agreed to join him in issuing such a statement. The two campaigns are currently working together on the details.

Here's John McCain leaping into action during Hurricane Katrina...

But then, he wasn't down 9 points in the fight of his political life.

So, in other words, Sen. Obama proposed some bipartisan action on this, but drama queen John McCain decided to try and take all the credit for this by "suspending" his campaign - because he's currently trailing in the polls

That smell?

That's desperation.

The thing is I'm pretty sure Sen. Obama can walk and chew gum at the same time.

UPDATE: Obama 45-39 over McCain in Fox News poll. Fox News.