GOP's Phony Soldiers

At the Democratic convention real men and women of the armed service were honored and spoke in support of Sen. Obama. At the GOP convention they used video of make-believe soldiers. Sort of like when Bush photoshopped in soldiers in ’04.

BUT THEY SUPPORT THE TROOPS*

*Does not apply to opposition to New GI Bill, increased military benefits, and leaving Walter Reed looking like a sewer.

  • daniel rotter

    Duh’s attack kind of reminds me when Hugh Hewitt said (in a critical context) that Obama was a “Harvard Law type”. Hewitt wrote a fawning book about Romney and was a supporter of his during the Republican primary. Guess what law school Romney graduated from?

  • daniel rotter

    “…the Harvard types are all interested in ‘Community Organization’ now days”.

    Mitt Romney is into community organization (oh, excuse me, “community organization”)?

  • duh

    No parthenon, I’m sure that isn’t true. Kids from lower income families mostly going into arbitrage in manhattan now, although some seem to favor particle physics too.
    There has been a huge shift since the Harvard types are all interested in “Community Organization” now days.

  • Parthenon

    Last I read it still is disproportionately kids from lower income families that enter the military. But that hearsay is a few years old – anybody have anything a bit more current? The cynical side of me tends to whisper that the children of politicians just have political ambitions themselves, since we make such a production about it unless your name is Kerry. Then it’s your great weakness.

  • Dave in SoCal

    Yeah, cause caring about soldiers dying is bad. Lying about why they should go is fine.

    Fucking retard.

    I guess you are too stupid to read the words “to make a political point”.

    Moron.

    Goddamn, you are stupid. No wonder you are a Republican.

    See above. But if I was moron like you then I guess that would make me a Democrat.

  • C.S.Strowbridge

    “Yeah, I’ll remember that the next time you or one of you left-leaning cohorts brings up the “X troops dead in Iraq and counting” to make a political point.

    Idiot.”

    Yeah, cause caring about soldiers dying is bad. Lying about why they should go is fine.

    Fucking retard.

    Jaim: “Biden’s kid is going to Iraq. Obama’s are too young.
    Thanks for playing.”

    Dave: “McCain has two already there and Palin has one going there in 6 days.
    Oh, so sorry. But you do get a lovely consolation prize, Jaim…”

    He was responding to duh’s post.

    Goddamn, you are stupid. No wonder you are a Republican.

  • daniel rotter

    “…if they HAD used footage of an actual military funeral instead of a simulated one then your headline would have been ‘GOP uses GI deaths for Propoganda Purposes’.”

    Yeah, Oliver would have probably written that. So what. It is inconsistent to object to both things how exactly?

    Also, unless C.S. Strowbridge or one of his “left-leaning cohorts” bring up the “X troops dead in Iraq and counting” line on film footage shown at the Democratic National Convention, your comparison to the fake military funeral footage at the RNC convention falls flat on its face. There’s a difference between a blog commentator making a certain political point, and people making one on national television at a major party political convention.

  • Dave in SoCal

    Biden’s kid is going to Iraq. Obama’s are too young.

    Thanks for playing.

    McCain has two already there and Palin has one going there in 6 days.

    Oh, so sorry. But you do get a lovely consolation prize, Jaim… a year’s supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat that those damned rednick hillbillies in PA clinging to their guns and religion will never learn to properly enjoy.

  • http://www.wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    Biden’s kid is going to Iraq. Obama’s are too young.

    Thanks for playing.

  • Dave in SoCal

    There’s a solution here that you are obviously too stupid to figure out…

    Don’t use soldiers (real of fake) for political purposes.

    Yeah, I’ll remember that the next time you or one of you left-leaning cohorts brings up the “X troops dead in Iraq and counting” to make a political point.

    Idiot.

  • duh

    Well, lets name two GOP supporting soldiers shall we?

    The sons of both McCain and Palin.

    but, but, but, I thought only POOR kids went into the military…..!

    All this coming courtesy of Oliver, a guy who has done nothing but take from this country, without a moment given back.

  • C.S.Strowbridge

    “Yes, Oliver, and if they HAD used footage of an actual military funeral instead of a simulated one then your headline would have been ‘GOP uses GI deaths for Propaganda Purposes’.”

    There’s a solution here that you are obviously too stupid to figure out…

    Don’t use soldiers (real of fake) for political purposes. Supporting the troops means doing what is best for the troops, not using them to win elections.

    Or is that too complicated for the GOP?

  • Dave in SoCal

    Yes, Oliver, and if they HAD used footage of an actual military funeral instead of a simulated one then your headline would have been “GOP uses GI deaths for Propaganda Purposes”.

    Next.

  • jr

    what else do we expect from the party of actors John Wayne, Ronald Reagan and the gropinator

  • midderpidge

    Are they even allowed to use real soldiers in campaign ads?