GOP Bigot Eruption: Rep. Lynn Westmoreland Calls Obama "Uppity"

You know they couldn't contain themselves for very long. This whole attack on Obama from the GOP is that a black guy just doesn't know his place. I mean, what does he think he's doing, running for President?

Georgia Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland used the racially-tinged term 'uppity' to describe Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama Thursday.

Westmoreland was discussing vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's speech with reporters outside the House chamber and was asked to compare her with Michelle Obama.

'Just from what little I’ve seen of her and Mr. Obama, Sen. Obama, they're a member of an elitist-class individual that thinks that they're uppity,' Westmoreland said.

Asked to clarify that he used the word ‘uppity,’ Westmoreland said, ‘Uppity, yeah.’"

UPDATE: Westmoreland is the infamous ten commandments guy from The Colbert Report.