Four More Years? Federal Highway Funds Running Out

I repeat again. We are running out of federal highway funds. In America. Here. In America. What the hell have these people done to our country?

The federal highway trust fund will run out of money this month, requiring delays in payments to states for transportation construction projects, Transportation Secretary Mary Peters said Friday.

The trust fund — a federal account used to help pay for highway and bridge projects — will run about $8.3 billion short by the end of September, Peters said during a conference call with reporters.

The shortfall will mean short delays — and in some cases a temporary reduction — in payments to states for infrastructure projects the federal government has agreed to help finance.