Echoes

Bush on Monday

President Bush sought to assure anxious world leaders on Monday that the United States is taking 'bold, aggressive, decisive action' to rescue the crisis-ridden economy with a $700 billion bailout package. 'The whole world is watching to see if we can act quickly,' Bush said, prodding lawmakers in Washington to approve his plan.

Bush, January 29, 2003

The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.

Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production.

Saddam Hussein has not credibly explained these activities. He clearly has much to hide.

The dictator of Iraq is not disarming. To the contrary, he is deceiving.

What reason do we have to trust this man? Why should we act quickly to bail out his and John McCain's friends on Wall Street? Passing this mammoth laws without consideration led us into Iraq, passed the PATRIOT Act and more. George Bush saying hurry up is kind of like the bank robber wanting to empty the till before the cops get here.