Conservatives Suddenly Forget What The Bush Doctrine Is

Perhaps they need John McCain to explain it to them, but this conservative whine in the wake of Sarah Palin's flub during her interview with John Gibson that gave us what is now being called the "moose in the headlights" moment, is just ridiculous. Anyone paying attention to politics knows what the Bush doctrine of preemptive war is all about, and if you're running to be one heartbeat away you better freaking know what it is.

These attempts to define away the doctrine just end up sounding like the following:

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If 'is' means 'is and never has been' that's one thing - if it means 'there is none', that was a completely true statement"

The difference is that the suddenly verklempt conservative commentariat has none of the wit nor charm of Bill Clinton.

The cons keep saying that because average Americans don't know what the doctrine is, this excuses McCain/Palin's ignorance. The problem is the average American isn't running to be a leader of millions of people. The last eight years have shown us what happens when we expect the least of our leaders - it drives the country into a ditch.