But Seriously...

Obama responds to the Palin tirade.

Sen. Barack Obama dismissed the harsh criticism fired his way last night at the Republican convention as part of the problem in politics, asserting this afternoon, 'At some point we've got to stop that and get serious.'

Speaking to a group of factory workers at a hydropower equipment plant, Obama refused to address Gov. Sarah Palin's mocking assessment of his background and political rise. When a member of the audience asked him to weigh in on the resume issue, Obama responded, 'I'll let Governor Palin talk about her experience, I'll talk about mine.'

But he rebuked the GOP in general for focusing almost exclusively on biography in St. Paul, Minn., and for attempting to redraw old partisan lines.

'You wouldn't know that this is such a critical election by watching the convention last night,' said Obama. 'I know we had our week, and the Republicans deserve theirs, but it's been amazing to me to watch over the last two nights.'