Blink

John McCain will attend the debate. After his hissy fit. After his drama queen moment. After making noise like a crazy person about the bailout proceedings.

Americans don't want a spaz like McCain near the button.

UPDATE: Oh, by the way, McCain's campaign leaked materials claiming he won the debate already. Inept and stupid.

UPDATE2: A McCain advisor concedes that McCain blinked.

"It just proves his campaign is governed by tactics and not ideology," said Republican consultant Craig Shirley, who advised McCain earlier in this cycle. "In the end, he blinked and Obama did not. The 'steady hand in a storm' argument looks now to more favor Obama, not McCain." Shirley added, "My guess is that plasma units are rushing to the McCain campaign as we speak to replace the blood flowing there from the fights among the staff."