The Lie of Hiroshima

By Ben Cohen

The notion that the West was justified in dropping nuclear bombs on Japan is one of the grossest lies in modern history. There is ample historic evidence that dropping the Atomic bomb on Japan was not necessary to ensure its surrender, and that it was done to send a message to the emerging Russian Empire. With the Bush Administration saber rattling for war with Iran, is the world in danger of allowing another nuclear holocaust for unjust reasoning? From John Pilger in the Guardian:

When I first went to Hiroshima in 1967, the shadow on the steps was
still there. It was an almost perfect impression of a human being at
ease: legs splayed, back bent, one hand by her side as she sat waiting
for a bank to open. At a quarter past eight on the morning of August 6,
1945, she and her silhouette were burned into the granite. I stared at
the shadow for an hour or more, then walked down to the river and met a
man called Yukio, whose chest was still etched with the pattern of the
shirt he was wearing when the atomic bomb was dropped.

He and his
family still lived in a shack thrown up in the dust of an atomic
desert. He described a huge flash over the city, "a bluish light,
something like an electrical short", after which wind blew like a
tornado and black rain fell. "I was thrown on the ground and noticed
only the stalks of my flowers were left. Everything was still and
quiet, and when I got up, there were people naked, not saying anything.
Some of them had no skin or hair. I was certain I was dead." Nine years
later, when I returned to look for him, he was dead from leukaemia. Read more....