Obama's Speech Electrifies

By Ben Cohen

Barack Obama's speech at the Democratic Convention was an absolute stunner. It was powerful, emotional, detailed, and incredibly inspiring. Daily Banter Editor Ari Rutenberg is going to do a more thorough analysis of the speech, but I thought I'd post an excerpt of Andrew Sullivan's take on it as he sums it up perfectly:

What he didn't do was give an airy, abstract, dreamy confection of
rhetoric. The McCain campaign set Obama up as a celebrity airhead, a
Paris Hilton of wealth and elitism. And he let them portray him that
way, and let them over-reach, and let them punch him again and again
... and then he turned around and destroyed them. If the Rove
Republicans thought they were playing with a patsy, they just got a
reality check.

Watch the speech below: