McCain's Limp Response To His Housing Gaffe

The McCain campaign goes once again to the well of accusing Obama of being elitist for going on vacation in Hawaii. As we here at OliverWillis.com noted previously. That's not a playground for the elite, it's a normal family vacation that's as American as apple pie. There's a possibility this race could come down to which candidate is more elitist. I think the candidate with multiple homes, IMDB credits and a heiress wife (who lied about meeting Mother Teresa) is going to come out on the bad end of that versus the middle class guy who worked his way up in the world.

Just a guess.

Here's what Sen. Obama had to say on the matter today:

"Now think about that - I guess if you think that being rich means you gotta make five million dollars, and if you don't' know how many houses you have, then it's not surprising that you might think the economy is fundamentally strong!"

"But if you're like me and you've got one house - or you were like the millions of people who are struggling right now to keep up with their mortgage so that they don't lose their home, you might have a different perspective."

UPDATE: It gets even worse. McCain's camp is defending the out of touch remark by saying McCain was a POW. That's right, John McCain is an out of touch elitist who doesn't understand economics but you can't say that because he was a POW.

What bull. Reminds me of Rudy Giuliani blaming everything on 9/11. Oh, crap, shouldn't give Lord McCain any ideas.