Major Break Through in Solar Technology

By Ben Cohen

Something to get very, very excited about. From the MIT website:

Until now, solar power has been a daytime-only energy source,
because storing extra solar energy for later use is prohibitively
expensive and grossly inefficient. With today's announcement, MIT
researchers have hit upon a simple, inexpensive, highly efficient
process for storing solar energy.

Requiring nothing but
abundant, non-toxic natural materials, this discovery could unlock the
most potent, carbon-free energy source of all: the sun. "This is the
nirvana of what we've been talking about for years," said MIT's Daniel Nocera,
the Henry Dreyfus Professor of Energy at MIT and senior author of a
paper describing the work in the July 31 issue of Science. "Solar power
has always been a limited, far-off solution. Now we can seriously think
about solar power as unlimited and soon." Read more...