John Pilger on Obama: Bullshit on a Grand Scale

By Ben Cohen

A persuasive argument by John Pilger as to why Obama's foreign policy is no less hawkish than any other Presidential candidate in recent history (including the current one). Pilger points to Obama's statements on Israel and Latin America, and a continuation of an imperial policies around the world:

In 1941, the editor Edward Dowling wrote: "The two greatest obstacles to
democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion
among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror
among the rich, lest we get it." What has changed? The terror of the
rich is greater than ever, and the poor have passed on their delusion
to those who believe that when George W Bush finally steps down next
January, his numerous threats to the rest of humanity will diminish.

The
foregone nomination of Barack Obama, which, according to one breathless
commentator, "marks a truly exciting and historic moment in US
history", is a product of the new delusion. Read more...