Harold Ford "Playboy Mansion" Ad Man Praises McCain's Ad

In the Washington Post on McCain's ridiculous "Celebrity" attack ad:

Scott Howell, a leading Republican media consultant, praised the commercial as 'very fair and accurate', adding: 'Just because a car looks like a Ferrari doesn't mean it will run like one. McCain has to get voters to look under the hood and if he can I think they'll see they are being sold a 'kit car' with a VW engine.'

Who is Scott Howell?

This guy.

The ad, which was produced by Scott Howell, features a handful of fake "man on the street" interviews. (Scroll to the bottom of this post to watch the ad.)

One woman says: "Harold Ford looks nice, isn't that enough?" Another says: "Terrorists need their privacy." A man in camouflage clothing says: "Ford's right. I do have too many guns."

And then there is a young, scantily clad white woman who says in a high-pitched voice: "I met Harold at the Playboy party." She appears again at the end of the ad, whispering: "Harold, call me."

Howell was also behind the ad attacking Max Cleland that compared him to Osama Bin Laden. And he likes John McCain's ads. Nice company you've got there, Sen. McCain.