Friedman on America's inability to deal with serious problems

By Ben Cohen

I'm not a fan of Thomas Friedman, but he is right on the money:

My fellow Americans: We are a country in debt and in decline — not
terminal, not irreversible, but in decline. Our political system seems
incapable of producing long-range answers to big problems or big
opportunities. We are the ones who need a better-functioning democracy
— more than the Iraqis and Afghans. We are the ones in need of
nation-building. It is our political system that is not working.

continue to be appalled at the gap between what is clearly going to be
the next great global industry — renewable energy and clean power — and
the inability of Congress and the administration to put in place the
bold policies we need to ensure that America leads that industry.

Click here for more.