Congress to Debate on Single Article of Impeachment Against Bush

By Peter Bauer

On Tuesday afternoon, Congress is expected to debate a single article of impeachment against President Bush for "taking our nation and our troops to war based on lies."

The article is being raised by Congressman Dennis Kucinich who introduced 35 articles of impeachment in June, and produced similar charges against Vice President Dick Cheney last year.

Kucinich argues that "Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 or with Al Qaeda's role in 9/11. Iraq had neither the intention nor the capability of attacking the United States. Iraq did not have weapons of Mass of Destruction. Yet George W. Bush took our troops to war under all of these false assumptions."

His objective could not be more clear: "When the Commander in Chief lies to go to war, he must be impeached."