Stem Cells Cure Another Disease

Science!

Using stem cells from umbilical cord blood and bone marrow, researchers have apparently cured a fatal genetic disease in a 2-year-old Minneapolis boy, which could open the door for other stem cell treatments.

For the first time in his life, Nate Liao is wearing normal clothes, eating food that has not been pureed, and playing with his siblings.

"Nate's quality of life is forever changed," said Dr. John Wagner of the University of Minnesota Medical School, who performed the treatment. "Maybe we can take one more disorder off the incurable list."

The last time I checked, Sen. McCain actually supported stem cell research. But as we know, there is an entire library of things John McCain used to support or oppose before he started pandering to the far right of his party.

Sen. Obama supports stem cell research.