Obama vs. McCain

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who saw the McCain speech and then the Obama speech and said to myself: WTF was McCain thinking? The man's been in government for a quarter century. He's been elected quite a few times. Yet somebody thought it was a good idea to put 200 disinterested people in a pool hall with a yucky green backdrop? And then Obama comes out with a mixed-gender mixed-ethnicity crowd of wildly enthusiastic folks and a world class speech?

That contrast was your campaign ad. America has a history of picking the energetic and vital over the plodding and backward looking. Think of Clinton over Dole, Reagan over Carter, Kennedy over Nixon.

UPDATE: Check out the Free Republic thread on McCain's speech. They are savaging him.

We are so screwed.

RELATED ARTICLES