More Proof Karl Rove Is An idiot

Long time readers know that I have consistently said Karl Rove doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. The myth of him being a political wunderkind is just that - a myth. There are millions in the real world who could do a better job than he did, because they deal in the real world. Take note of his latest signaling to the GOP on how they should attack Sen. Obama:

"Even if you never met him, you know this guy," Rove said, per Christianne Klein. "He's the guy at the country club with the beautiful date, holding a martini and a cigarette that stands against the wall and makes snide comments about everyone who passes by."

What is this, 1952? Who the hell goes to a country club? The most that the rest of us know about country clubs is that they're full of guys like Rove slapping each other on the back. This advice is the sort of advice you would expect from the guy who lost the House and Senate while crowing about "the math".

So please, Republicans, listen to Karl.

JEEVES, Prepare my Autogyro. We're going wildcatting!

UPDATE: More on Karl Rove and country clubs