John McCain Flip Flops On Windfall Profits For Oil Companies

Yesterday McCain and the GOP made a lot of noise about their opposition to a windfall profits tax for the oil industry. But a few months ago, in view of those cameras he loves so much, John McCain had a different position:

JOHN MCCAIN: I don’t like obscene profits being made anywhere–and I’d be glad to look not just at the windfall profits tax–that’s not what bothers me–but we should look at any incentives that we are giving to people, that or industries or corporations that are distorting the market.