Electoral Math

A few people are freaking out or making snarky remarks about the speculation being floated that Obama could win without Ohio and Florida. In all likelihood I think Obama can win Ohio but I think Florida is no longer the swing state it was in 2000 and before. It's certainly not an Obama thing, Democrats have had trouble winning statewide there in the last 8 years with the exception of an incumbent Senator like Bill Nelson who had the luck of going up against nutter Katherine Harris.

I especially find the criticism of David Plouffe kind of funny. David Plouffe's strategy just beat Hillary Clinton, who many of these same people had in the Oval Office already.