Congress Shall Make No Law

A bunch of pointy headed morons want us to relax the first amendment because some unbalanced zealots and religious nimrods use it to justify their actions.

Look, if we don't have the first amendment, America might as well close up shop and go home. I don't care who takes offense to speech: Christian, Muslim, Atheist, whatever. Go screw yourself before you think you've got any standing to touch the first amendment.

Mark Steyn is an idiot, but this show trial with Maclean's magazine in Canada is the height of stupid, as is the Florida trial versus pornographer Max Hardcore. I'm sorry, but should all be protected speech, be it xenophobic hatemongering or sicko adult films. ALL PROTECTED.

It's really pretty simple:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.