Cheney Under Fire For West Virginia Incest Joke

It's funny, with all the faux outrage from Republicans about supposed Democratic insensitivity to West Virginia, it turns out the insensitive one is Republican Vice President Dick Cheney

The questioner jokingly asked the vice president if he and Obama were going to have a family reunion, to which Cheney replied he would "have no objections" though he said he doubted Obama would want one - "certainly not before November."

Then came the offensive punch line. Cheney explained that during the course of researching his family lineage for Lynne's memoir "Blue Skies, No Fences" last year, he learned there were Cheneys on both his father's and his mother's side of the family. There was a Richard Cheney on his mother's side, the vice president said.

"So I had Cheneys on both sides of the family and we don't even live in West Virginia," Cheney quipped.

Gov. Joe Manchin and Sen. Jay Rockefeller are demanding an apology from Cheney.