Accentuate The Positive, Eliminate The Negative?

You may not know but the rave I had for Sen. Obama's speech about black fatherhood is not universal. There are some, like Earl here who sees things very differently. To crudely paraphrase his view, he thinks Obama and other pols (and folks like Bill Cosby) don't emphasize the black families that are working and instead beat up on the ones that aren't which ends up reinforcing a negative view of things.

I clearly disagree with this, and believe that too much of black America is not sufficiently angered at these things and too ready to blame external factors for them.

But what you shouldn't do is assume that there aren't other points of view on this speech and others like it - because there are and you should read them.