We Move On

* I'm glad to see the party finally standing up to the Clintons. Florida and Michigan both get their delegates in with penalty, supported by Obama and opposed by the Clintons. The Clintons no longer control the party.

* Harold Ickes is clearly among the more odious of the Clinton goons. The way he threatened the entire party is just like the big money Clinton donors trying to tell the Speaker of the House what she can and cannot say.

* Clinton's imported Jerry Springer crowd was truly odious. They are quite pathetic.

* Please, superdelegates, get off your asses. Sen. Obama is only about 65 delegates away from the new 2,118 number needed for the nomination.

* The main thing we learned from the Clinton arguments here is that they really care more about Sen. Clinton and her world rather than the Democratic party.

* The Clinton supporters:

Howard Dean may hope that the "healing will begin today," but two blocks away from the northwest Washington Marriott where the DNC's Rules and Bylaws Committee is meeting right now to try to figure out Florida and Michigan, the Hillary protesters are occupying an utterly alternate (and healing-free) universe: a universe in which one of the big lawn rally's speakers yells that the Democratic Party no longer is in the business of "promoting equality and fairness for all"; in which a Hillary supporter with two poodles shouts, "Howard Dean is a leftist freak!"; in which a man exhibits a sign that reads "At least slaves were counted as 3/5ths a Citizen" and shows Dean whipping handcuffed people; and in which Larry Sinclair, the Minnesota man who took to YouTube to allege that Barack Obama had oral sex with him in the back of a limousine in 1999, is one of the belles of the ball.

* As one of my commenters points out, DNC member Don Fowler, who is a Clinton supporter, put party over candidate today and conducted himself with class. Harold Ickes could learn a thing or two thousand from him.