The Real Chris Matthews Stands Up

By Ben Cohen

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote an article in the Huffingon Post on Chris Matthew's schizophrenic  attitude towards journalism titled 'Will the Real Chris Matthews Please Stand Up?". I argued that although Matthews has the ability to engage in serious analysis, he often descends into hack journalism to satisfy MSNBC's thirst for ratings.

Anyway, I came across this clip of Matthews schooling a right wing shock jock for his awful understanding of history. Kevin James came onto Matthews show and began frothing at the mouth over Obama's 'appeasement' of Iran, comparing him to the British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain (famous for appeasing Hitler). Matthews quickly pounces on the fact that James has virtually no knowledge of 20th century history, and has no idea what Chamberlain actually did.  Matthews does not let him off the hook and shows why he has the ability to be a very good journalist when he wants to be.