Purple Line: Please, God, Make It Happen

Our subway system here is pretty good, but one of the problems is that if I want to go from my part of Maryland - Takoma Park/Silver Spring to somewhere like Bethesda, I have to go through Washington D.C. to do it. This makes no sense. By auto that's about 15 minutes drive, but because the Red Line doesn't go in a circle, it works out that way. The proposed purple line would solve that, and make a pretty good mass transit system better. This is one of those government things where I'm like do it already.