Please, Go Away And Take Your Husband And Your Campaign Hacks With You

Please, just fade away. You lost. You got close, but you lost. All you are doing now is embarrassing yourself and hurting the party and the country in the process.

/2517975613_871c5c63b2_m.jpg

First, Bill Clinton further descends into conspiracy land, doing his best Oliver Stone.

Former President Bill Clinton in South Dakota today delivered a harsh critique of how his wife has been treated during her presidential bid, telling the crowd that he has "never seen a candidate treated so disrespectfully just for running," and that, "she will win the general election if you nominate her. They're just trying to make sure you don't."

Clinton spent more than six minutes calmly discussing what he called a "frantic effort to push her out" of this race, saying that no one asked Ted Kennedy, Jesse Jackson or Gary Hart to end their presidential campaigns early.

Clinton also spoke against bullying superdelegates to make up their minds, saying, "I cant believe it. It is just frantic the way they are trying to push and pressure and bully all these superdelegates to come out. 'Oh, this is so terrible: The people they want her. Oh, this is so terrible: She is winning the general election, and he is not. Oh my goodness, we have to cover this up.'"

Of course, his wife was the one claiming that the entire nomination would be locked up by February 5th, and they're the ones who rushed to secure superdelegate endorsements before the campaign had even begun. I liked President Clinton a lot more when he was presiding over a good economy and cheating on his wife.

And then Terry McAuliffe, the man who presided over the Democratic party's slide into irrelevancy takes the cake yet again with his impression of Baghdad Bob.

"The Obama campaign ... tried to take these words out of context," Clinton campaign chairman Terence R. McAuliffe said on "Fox News Sunday." "She was making a point merely about the time line."

Yeah, Terry, your candidate makes an unprecedented remark in U.S. presidential history about an assasination while we've got the first likely black nominee in history, but it's Obama's fault. I know the kool-aid drinkers on Team Clinton have themselves convinced that Barack Obama is to blame for every thing bad that ever happened, but no, as I've said about Sen. McCain: When the light is on, the camera is recording what you say.

Clinton made the remarks, and frankly Obama's response was beyond restrained. Had the casual mention of assassination been made like it was the weather and I were the opposing candidate, I would not have been so civil. But then, Sen. Obama is a much better man than I and clearly a far better one than Clinton and her whole sick in the head team.

Make them go away. Make them go far far away. The Clinton campaign is ruining the Democratic party.

UPDATE: Oh look, on Sen. Clinton's favorite news channel - Fox News - they're joking about Obama being assassinated. According to the Clinton Rules, that means Obama has to apologize for that too.