"Obama just doesn't sound right for an American president."

It's the sentiment of one voter in West Virginia. And I know I'm in many ways the stereotypical coastal elitist here, but I don't think I'm crazy to think that a party absolves itself of morality by pandering to that kind of thing, always afraid of taking a step forward because it might offend some whose thinking is backwards (ie "That Martin King is kind of radical, shouldn't we just bide our time rather than upsetting the apple cart? People in the deep south aren't ready for big change just yet").

confederate flag woman

I don't believe in supporting candidates far outside of the mainstream of thought but at the same time that road goes both ways. I don't believe in not supporting a candidate because of the opinion of a voting bloc outside of the realm of common sense.

Of course, at the same time, this shows the world of difference between Virginia and West Virginia.