Liberal Navelgazing: WWII Edition

Some new pictures of Hiroshima post-bombing have provoked what has now come to be the expected response from some liberals in the HuffPo comments section. Ridiculous things like how the bombing could have been avoided, or stupid things like creating a moral equivalence to Hitler.

The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a necessary extreme action to end the war. At the end of the day the atomic bomb saved millions of American lives. The Japanese attacked us and declared war on us and we ended the fight.

I am no less tolerant of when people on the left rewrite history as I am when people on the right do it.