John McCain Wanted To Conduct Diplomacy With Hamas

Note to Senator McCain: You are a U.S. Senator. You have served in politics for over a Quarter Of A Century. When you say stuff, IT IS BEING RECORDED.

McCain

RUBIN: "Do you think that American diplomats should be operating the way they have in the past, working with the Palestinian government if Hamas is now in charge?"

McCAIN: "They're the government; sooner or later we are going to have to deal with them, one way or another, and I understand why this administration and previous administrations had such antipathy towards Hamas because of their dedication to violence and the things that they not only espouse but practice, so . . . but it's a new reality in the Middle East. I think the lesson is people want security and a decent life and decent future, that they want democracy. Fatah was not giving them that."

That is all.