Hillary Clinton Says She's Staying In Because Someone Could Assassinate Obama Like RFK

She is fracking crazy.

Hillary Clinton today brought up the assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy while defending her decision to stay in the race against Barack Obama.

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.

Clinton made her comments at a meeting with the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader's editorial board while campaigning in South Dakota, where she complained that, "People have been trying to push me out of this ever since Iowa."

Obama, the first African-American to advance so far in the race for the White House, has faced threats, sources have said.

Seriously, who says this sort of thing? Your average person doesn't say it, let alone somebody running for president. Hillary Clinton didn't lose this race because she was a victim of sexism. She lost this race because people are tired of her clawing for power and running over everything to do it.

UPDATE: The Obama campaign responds: "Senator Clinton’s statement before the Argus Leader editorial board was unfortunate and has no place in this campaign"

Here is the video of Clinton's assassination remark:

UPDATE: Clinton issues a non apology apology.

"I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever," the former first lady said.

She may as well have said "If anyone was offended", that's such a lame response. It certainly not the sort of foot-in-the-mouth behavior we want in a running mate.

UPDATE: Like the Bosnia story, Clinton is less than truthful here. She claims that this is because Kennedy is on her mind due to his illness, but Sen. Kennedy was not publicly ill back in March when she made similar comments.