Politics Of Personal Destruction, Bill Clinton Edition

Something something personal impulses something something impulse control issues something something psychological demons something something self destructive behavior something something.

Mr. Clinton has placed several of his own aides at headquarters, including his former lawyer and a bevy of strategists. Known as a bad loser, Mr. Clinton privately buttresses his wife's drive to push on, telling her, according to aides: "We're not quitters."

On his own daily message calls, advisers say, he implores: "We've got to take him on every time." At the Clintons' Washington, D.C., home recently, these people say, he reviewed possible TV spots and told ad makers to be more hard-hitting, faster and harsher.

Something something legacy destruction something something introduction of toxicity something something flailing failing campaign something something.