McCain is To Bush As Vista is to XP

The same old garbage wrapped up in a shinier package.

The likely Republican presidential nominee was asked Wednesday at a town-hall style meeting if he would reject "the Bush doctrine of pre-emptive war," a reference to Bush's decision to invade Iraq without it having attacked the United States.

"I don't think you could make a blanket statement about pre-emptive war, because obviously, it depends on the threat that the United States of America faces," McCain told his audience at Bridgewater Associates Inc., a global investment firm.

Using this analogy, Obama is not the Mac (an elegant well functioning OS I happen to be a switcher to, but with limited appeal), but he is in fact the iPod. A tiny little device that was underestimated at its debut but soon, in aggregate, grew to dominate the market and upend an entire industry.