Leading & The Olympics

German PM Angela Merkel will not be attending the opening ceremony of the Olympics due to China's ongoing brutality in Tibet.

British PM Gordon Brown will not be attending the opening ceremony of the Olympics due to China's ongoing brutality in Tibet.

There was a time in my lifetime where this sort of thing started at the White House and emanated out to the rest of the world's leaders.

I hope it's just that that sort of leadership is in hibernation due to the current unqualified occupant, and not any sort of long term thing.