DNC Hits McCain on 100 Years In Iraq

Every time they get hit on this 100 years in Iraq pledge, the GOP and McCain camps go nutso - yet it's hard to push back on something the candidate actually said.

Howard Dean on out of touch John McCain and 100 years in Iraq:

"Look, John McCain is a weak candidate. He's wrong on Iraq as far as the American people are concerned. We don't want to stay there for 100 years. He's wrong on the economy. It wasn't the mortgage-holders whose fault this was. He's wrong on health care. We should have health insurance for all our kids. He is not a strong candidate…"

"We don't think we ought to be in Iraq for 100 years under any circumstances. Think of the hundreds of billions of dollars that are being spent in Iraq which we need at right here at home right now to preserve American jobs. That's the first thing. Secondly, if Senator McCain believes that you can occupy a country like Iraq for 100 years without having a long war and violence and our troops being hurt and killed, I think Senator McCain is wrong. Look, 70 percent of our country does not want to be in Iraq for 100 years under any circumstances. Senator McCain is wrong. He is out of step with the American people and he is wrong... "

UPDATE: Like I said, you know this ad hits them in the gut. Check out the hysterical hissy fit the RNC chairman of the minute sent out in response:

“This morning we saw yet another advertisement being announced by the Democrat National Committee which is not only illegal, but a complete distortion of Senator McCain’s comments and record."

Waaaaaaaah! John McCain wants us in Iraq for 100 years, he got caught on tape saying it, and the Republicans are pissed.

So, keep saying it.

RELATED ARTICLES