Clinton Waves The Bitter Flag, Gets Blowback

Sen. Clinton decided she would follow in the footsteps of the right-wing attack on Sen. Obama and came out in the last couple of days talking about how she shot guns ("varmint" hunting with Mitt Romney, perhaps?) and went to church. So, then somebody asked her about the details.

EJECT! EJECT! EJECT!

After a weekend spent making direct appeals to gun owners and church goers, Hillary Clinton said Sunday a query about the last time she fired a gun or attended church services "is not a relevant question in this debate” over Barack Obama’s recent comments on small town Americans.

“We can answer that some other time,” Clinton said at a press conference held in a working class neighborhood here. “This is about what people feel is being said about them. I went to church on Easter. I mean, so?”

This is exactly what happens when you flail without thinking. You make an attack that exposes your soft underbelly and you end up catching flak as well. In a strange way the Clintons are once again showing the folly of that '60s mantra: If it feels good... do it. No matter the consequence. That strategy has been the hallmark of Sen. Clinton's failed quest for the nomination and it would be the epitaph written on a failed general election campaign.

Thankfully the voters had a say in this and we aren't subject to the whims of the mainstream media and Penn/Wolfson/Etc.