Video: In Anger, John McCain Berates Woman Representing POW Families

FYI: Dolores Alfond

McCain’s detractors say it's absolutely fair to raise questions about McCain’s explosiveness while he’s running for the presidency.

“I wouldn’t think that he should be president. He’s very hot tempered,” said Dolores Alfond, chairperson for the National Alliance of Families for the Return of America’s Missing Servicemen and Women.

Alfond, the sister of an Air Force Academy graduate missing in Vietnam since 1967, recalls the rough treatment she received from McCain in 1992 during her appearance at a hearing of the Senate Select Committee on POW-MIA Affairs.

She eventually was driven to tears by McCain during the hearing, which can be seen on YouTube.

McCain repeatedly interrupts her during her testimony, berates her and then suddenly storms out of the proceedings.

“He just didn’t want to listen. He continued to ask me questions, but he wouldn’t listen to my answers,” said Alfond in a telephone interview from her home in Seattle. “And he kept slamming things around. He brought me to tears because he wouldn’t listen.”

To this day, Alfond said she doesn’t understand why McCain’s anger seemed so personal toward her.