NEWS ALERT: Black Americans Occasionally Angered By Systematic Racial Discrimination

siren.gif

BREAKING NEWS… MUST CREDIT OLIVERWILLIS.COM…. REUTERS UNCOVERS GROUNDBREAKING IDEA THAT 200+ YEARS OF RACIAL BULL NOT “OVER”… WILLIS WONDERS IF THE MEDIA COVERED RACIAL ISSUES AS PART OF ITS ONGOING WORK PERHAPS WHITE AMERICANS MAY NOT BE “SHOCKED” BY BLACK “ANGER” AND “RESENTMENT”…. WILLIS ALSO NOTES THAT “WE’RE PART OF AMERICA TOO, NOT JUST MICHAEL JORDAN, TIGER WOODS AND BILL COSBY. WE COULD VERY WELL LIVE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD AND GO TO YOUR SCHOOLS!!!”…. DEVELOPING

Like The Daily Banter on Facebook!
  • MEMBERS ONLY: Inside The Obama White House's First Christmas

    MEMBERS ONLY: Inside The Obama White House's First Christmas

    Through never-before-seen photographs and video, Daily Banter White House correspondent Tommy Christ[Read more...]
    Why Obama Will Never Prosecute Dick Cheney Or Anyone Else For Torture

    Why Obama Will Never Prosecute Dick Cheney Or Anyone Else For Torture

    The New York Times dares to dream with a bold but sadly unrealistic editorial.[Read more...]
    The Ultimate Christmas Gift: A Banter Membership!

    The Ultimate Christmas Gift: A Banter Membership!

    With only three days to go till Christmas, the rush to buy shiny things for relatives they'll probab[Read more...]
    President Obama Condemns Killings Of Two NYPD Officers
    The Sony Story Once Again Proves That Hackers Are Absolutely Not "Young Online Activists"

    The Sony Story Once Again Proves That Hackers Are Absolutely Not "Young Online Activists"

    The skewing of Snowden's story into the utterly bizarre territory of defending and legitimizing hack[Read more...]
    • Enlightened Liberal
    • Quaker in a Basement

      Now, now Oliver. There’s no black “anger” or “resentment.” You’re just making that up.

      I KNOW some black people, and…well, I don’t really know them as much as I just see them regularly…um, on TV…and they’re not angry or resentful at all. They’re very happy, comical people.

      So go peddle your divisive, race-baiting twaddle somewhere else, my good fellow. We’re all colorblind here in the most awesomest republic created by God.

    • http://www.crablaw.com/weekly Bruce

      I am not a Christian, and am white but what I saw of that sermon would make me MORE, not less, likely to want to attend there.

      The reality is that most people go to church to get their prejudices confirmed. THAT’S the horrible sin that Wright committed: failing to confirm the prejudices of the panties-in-a-knot, everybody’s-gotta-love-me-every-damn-second-of-the-day crowd of narcissists that seems to pervade so much of this country like mildew you cannot remove.

      If that’s America, God Damn America. Let the congregation say “Amen.” If you go to church just to get your prejudices confirmed, stay home, save the gas and just listen to yourself sitting on the toilet.

    • merlallen

      Whatever you do, never mention any of the millionaire right wing “christian” preachers who say worse things every fucking day.

    • fafaroo

      I think that’s one of the biggest distortions/misunderstandings of Wright’s more incendiary comments: He isn’t talking about individual whites or, I think, whites as a race. He’s talking about the racism of a system that favors whites. I think there’s a big difference. He didn’t say God Damn Whites. He said God Damn America. If you’re offended by that as a white person, maybe you should stop and think a second about why you’re taking personal, racial offense to an attack on the supposedly impersonal economic and political structures of this country. People and their attitudes towards race may have changed dramatically over the last 40 years but the system we all live under is still lagging behind — at least as it is experienced by a significant percentage of non-white citizens.