NEWS ALERT: Black Americans Occasionally Angered By Systematic Racial Discrimination

siren.gif

BREAKING NEWS… MUST CREDIT OLIVERWILLIS.COM…. REUTERS UNCOVERS GROUNDBREAKING IDEA THAT 200+ YEARS OF RACIAL BULL NOT “OVER”… WILLIS WONDERS IF THE MEDIA COVERED RACIAL ISSUES AS PART OF ITS ONGOING WORK PERHAPS WHITE AMERICANS MAY NOT BE “SHOCKED” BY BLACK “ANGER” AND “RESENTMENT”…. WILLIS ALSO NOTES THAT “WE’RE PART OF AMERICA TOO, NOT JUST MICHAEL JORDAN, TIGER WOODS AND BILL COSBY. WE COULD VERY WELL LIVE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD AND GO TO YOUR SCHOOLS!!!”…. DEVELOPING

  • Enlightened Liberal
  • Quaker in a Basement

    Now, now Oliver. There’s no black “anger” or “resentment.” You’re just making that up.

    I KNOW some black people, and…well, I don’t really know them as much as I just see them regularly…um, on TV…and they’re not angry or resentful at all. They’re very happy, comical people.

    So go peddle your divisive, race-baiting twaddle somewhere else, my good fellow. We’re all colorblind here in the most awesomest republic created by God.

  • http://www.crablaw.com/weekly Bruce

    I am not a Christian, and am white but what I saw of that sermon would make me MORE, not less, likely to want to attend there.

    The reality is that most people go to church to get their prejudices confirmed. THAT’S the horrible sin that Wright committed: failing to confirm the prejudices of the panties-in-a-knot, everybody’s-gotta-love-me-every-damn-second-of-the-day crowd of narcissists that seems to pervade so much of this country like mildew you cannot remove.

    If that’s America, God Damn America. Let the congregation say “Amen.” If you go to church just to get your prejudices confirmed, stay home, save the gas and just listen to yourself sitting on the toilet.

  • merlallen

    Whatever you do, never mention any of the millionaire right wing “christian” preachers who say worse things every fucking day.

  • fafaroo

    I think that’s one of the biggest distortions/misunderstandings of Wright’s more incendiary comments: He isn’t talking about individual whites or, I think, whites as a race. He’s talking about the racism of a system that favors whites. I think there’s a big difference. He didn’t say God Damn Whites. He said God Damn America. If you’re offended by that as a white person, maybe you should stop and think a second about why you’re taking personal, racial offense to an attack on the supposedly impersonal economic and political structures of this country. People and their attitudes towards race may have changed dramatically over the last 40 years but the system we all live under is still lagging behind — at least as it is experienced by a significant percentage of non-white citizens.