Joe Klein gets it right about Joe Wilson

By Ben Cohen

I'm not a big fan of Joe Klein, and berated him for his verbal gymnastics over the Iraq war, but he's certainly got it right about Clinton supporter Joe Wilson. He writes in Time Magazine:

"I also have some residual respect for Amb Joseph Wilson, who told the truth about Niger and yellowcake uranium. But this is garbage. Especially this:

Claims of superior intuitive judgment by his campaign
and by him are self-evidently disingenuous, especially in light of
disclosures about his long associations with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright
and Tony Rezko.

Clinton's slim hopes of winning the nomination are not helped by
this. They are hurt. In fact, let me amend what I said in the first
paragraph: If her campaign persists in peddling this sort of kamikaze
stuff--and make no mistake, this sort of op-ed is usually vetted by the
campaign--her judgment should be called into question."