Hillary Clinton's Spiritual Adivsor Doug Coe And His Curious Admiration For Nazis And Communist Killings

Hillary Clinton on Doug Coe

“[Doug Coe is] a unique presence in Washington: a genuinely loving spiritual mentor and guide to anyone, regardless of party or faith, who wants to deepen his or her relationship with God."

Doug Coe

"Jesus says, 'You have to put me before other people, and you have to put me before yourself.' Hitler, that was the demand of the Nazi Party. You have to put the Nazi Party and its objectives in front of your own life and ahead of other people!"

"I've seen pictures of young men in the Red Guard of China, a table laid out like a butcher table, they would bring in this young man's mother and father, lay her on the table with a basket on the end, he would take an axe and cut her head off."

"They have to put the purposes of the Red Guard ahead of the mother-father-brother-sister---their own life !"

"That was a covenant. A pledge. That was what Jesus said."

Hillary Clinton's connection with Doug Coe

Clinton's prayer group was part of the Fellowship (or "the Family"), a network of sex-segregated cells of political, business, and military leaders dedicated to "spiritual war" on behalf of Christ, many of them recruited at the Fellowship's only public event, the annual National Prayer Breakfast. (Aside from the breakfast, the group has "made a fetish of being invisible," former Republican Senator William Armstrong has said.) The Fellowship believes that the elite win power by the will of God, who uses them for his purposes. Its mission is to help the powerful understand their role in God's plan.

Clinton declined our requests for an interview about her faith, but in Living History, she describes her first encounter with Fellowship leader Doug Coe at a 1993 lunch with her prayer cell at the Cedars, the Fellowship's majestic estate on the Potomac. Coe, she writes, "is a unique presence in Washington: a genuinely loving spiritual mentor and guide to anyone, regardless of party or faith, who wants to deepen his or her relationship with God."

As Hillary Clinton said:

“You don’t choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend.”