Clinton lied about NAFTA

By Ben Cohen

It is now official: Clinton lied about opposing NAFTA. Having tried to convince everyone she was secretly opposed to NAFTA while her husband rammed it through Congress in the 90's, The Nation reports, "Now we know from the 11,000 pages of Clinton White House documents
released this week that former First Lady was an ardent advocate for NAFTA;
now that we know she held at least five meetings to strategize about
how to win congressional approval of the deal; now that we know she was
in the thick of the manuevering to block the efforts of labor, farm,
environmental and human rights groups to get a better agreement."

It is inevitable and depressing that Clinton will try to wrangle her way out of it saying "It's not NAFTA, it's how NAFTA was implemented that I was opposed to," and even more depressing that people won't really care.