We, United States Of Insignificance

Mark Penn, lead Clinton '08 strategist/pollster:

“Could we possibly have a nominee who hasn't won any of the significant states -- outside of Illinois?” Chief Strategist Mark Penn said. “That raises some serious questions about Sen. Obama.”

The United States Of Insignificance:

Alabama
Alaska
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District Of Columbia
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
North Dakota
South Carolina
Virginia
Utah
Washington

And in all likelihood there is more insignificance to come.

Mark Penn in July of 2007 when he was annointing Sen. Clinton as the nominee and asking why Sen. Obama and Sen. Edwards were even bothering to contest this:

As observers like Charlie Cook have pointed out, Hillary has the coalition of support (women, strong Democrats, lower, middle-income and working families, Hispanics and African-Americans) that has traditionally won Democratic primaries.

She's now down to 2 out of 7 of those groups under the guidance of Penn. A "microtrend", perhaps?

Look, I may be beating up on Mark Penn at the moment, but I hate all the guys like this in campaigns. They either take too much credit (James Carville, Karl Rove) or massage statistics in order to make it seem as if they were always on the ball (Mark Penn, Dick Morris).