Waste. Of. Time.

Congress can be so stupid.

In cooperation with two outside organizations, the chairmen of the Democratic Caucus and the Republican Conference have agreed to a series of debates away from Capitol Hill to give some of the policy wonks serving in the House the opportunity to challenge one another over the big issues of the day, beginning with the economy later this month.

Excuse me, gentlemen, but what is the purpose of the U.S. congress?

TO DEBATE ON THE BIG ISSUES OF THE DAY!!!!!!

That's why congress exists in the first place. How better to show the American people you aren't doing anything than to form a debating society rather than debating these issues in the venue where it has an actual impact on our lives?

Apparently the DLC is one of the sponsors of this idiocy. Surprised? Me neither.