Superdelegates And Political Winds

As I've noted before, the talk about a floor fight and other chicanery at the Democratic convention is largely a media invention. These guys (and gals) desperately want to be Dan Rather on the floor of the Democratic convention, making tv history and providing something for their highlight reel besides a car dealer opening.

In reality, as we're beginning to see here, the superdelegates are largely politicians. Pols are notorious for jumping on bandwagons and they don't want to pay the price of not following their voters. The candidate in the lead will get the delegates and the nomination. Right now it's Sen. Obama, but the fight ain't over yet by a long shot.