Sen. Clinton's Best Response

The Nation discusses her response to the Mitt Romney charge that as a CEO he's more qualified to run the government.

"I would, with all due respect, say that the United States government is much more than a business," Clinton began. "It is a trust. It is the most complicated organization, but it is not out to make a profit. It is out to help the American people. It is about (what we do) to stand up for our values and to do what we should at home and around the world to keep faith with who we are as a country. With all due respect, we have a president who basically ran as the 'CEO/MBA President' and look what we got! I am not too happy about the results."

The idea of running government like a business is as crazy as it is dangerous. Yet, for years, Democrats have failed to effectively counter Republican promises to apply corporate values to public duties.

I think a lot of conservatives have viewed that challenge as a "gotcha" that will have Dems squirming... but they both answered it ably.