Redefining The Liberal Elitists

Link

Tom Buffenbarger president of the machinists' union (International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers) was the the latest in a string of Clinton junkyard dogs unleashed upon Obama. Prior to Hillary Clinton’s speech last night in Youngstown, Ohio, Buffenbarger delivered nothing short of an Obama diatribe.

..

But it was Obama supporters for whom Buffenbarger saved his most vitriolic contempt, and he proved that the Democratic Party’s coalition is nothing if not fragile. Channeling Howard Beale from the movie "Network," he yelled into the microphone, “Give me a break! I've got news for all the latte-drinking, Prius- driving, Birkenstock-wearing, trust fund babies crowding in to hear him speak! This guy won't last a round against the Republican attack machine. He's a poet, not a fighter.”

Trust fund babies.

Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa announced today the union's endorsement of Sen. Barack Obama for president. The endorsement is the first step in mobilizing the union's 1.4 million members and their families to elect Obama.

"Senator Obama understands the challenges working people face every day," Hoffa said. "He is the candidate in the best position to lead our movement to restore the American dream for working people in this country. Senator Obama will fight for better wages, real health care reform, stronger retirement security, fair trade and an end to the outsourcing of good jobs. He understands the importance of giving workers a voice at work and will fight for strong unions to help rebuild America's middle class."

More of the Birkenstock crowd.

The International Executive Council of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers, AFL-CIO, proudly offers its unanimous endorsement, on behalf of our 65,000 members and their families, for Senator Barack Obama as president of the United States of America. We believe that Barack Obama represents our nation’s best opportunity to begin rebuilding our leadership standing in the world community and to regain our economic footing here at home.

Barack Obama, like our good friend Senator John Edwards, stands with those who are the heart and soul of our great country . . . those who clock in early and often work late, those who build and maintain our industries and our infrastructure, those who make America great through their simple daily contribution to our economy and our way of life . . . among them, Boilermaker members.

I got your trust fund babies right here.