ODS Watch: Taylor Marsh Simply Lies About Barack Obama

After this weekend's sweep, and likely good returns tomorrow, look for Obama Derangement Syndrome to rise to an even more feverish pitch. Sen. Clinton is a good person, but her most ardent supporters here aren't doing the candidate any favors. Here's Taylor Marsh:

Last night on "60 Minutes" was a prime example. Once you got past Katie's fetish for asking if Clinton could survive losing the fight for the nomination, which she has asked over and over again in interviews with Clinton, the comparison of that interview with what Obama offered was stunning. Clinton actually made it a point to talk about policies and what she might do as president and for the American people. Obama didn't mention anything of note. It was all about him. I guess policies don't matter when you actually believe by sheer personality you can move Washington. He'll evidently just take everyone elses ideas, mix them up and see how it all turns out.

The one concession I'll make is that Couric's questions were the same kind of stupid questions she asked John Edwards some months ago. But what I'm taking issue with is Taylor Marsh's baldfaced lie that Barack Obama didn't address any policy issues. Because some of us actually watched 60 Minutes last night.

"Remember, early on in the campaign, the complaint about me was that I was too professorial. That I would go through these town hall meetings and, you know, go into great detail about this and that and the other. And you know, wondering what ever happened to that inspiring guy who spoke at the Democratic…convention. Yeah. And now that I'm inspiring people and saying, 'Hey, you know, where is the specifics?' And so, you know, if there are issues that you want to cover right now, I'm happy to," Obama said. "So why don't we work those through?"

"What do you think of what's going on in Iraq right now?" Kroft asked.

"Well, I think, on the positive side, we've seen a reduction in violence. And I don't think anybody can deny that," Obama said. "What we haven't seen is the kind of political reconciliation or accommodation between the Sunni and the Shia and the Kurds that are required in order for Iraq to stabilize. But I completely reject the notion, you know, most forcefully presented by John McCain that we should commit ourselves to a 50-year or a 60-year or a 100-year occupation in order to assure stability in Iraq. I think that is a recipe for disaster."

"At a time when American casualties are down, at a time when the violence is down, particularly affecting the Iraqi population, is that the right time to try and set time tables for withdrawing all American troops? I mean you talked about…the end of 2009," Kroft remarked.

"Yeah, absolutely. I think now is precisely the time. I think that it is very important for us to send a clear signal to the Iraqis that we are not gonna be here permanently. We're not gonna set up permanent bases. That they are going to have to resolve their differences and get their country functioning," Obama said.

"And you pull out according to that time table, regardless of the situation? Even if there’s serious sectarian violence?" Kroft asked.

"No, I always reserve as commander in chief, the right to assess the situation," Obama replied.